Jan. 7, 2014
It is three months today that we moved into our new home and it’s just a week over three months since I retired. I know that we should all be grateful for everything we have and through my later, more mature years, I think I have been, but not like this. Wow! How blessed I am. Here is just a taste of some of the blessings in my present life that I have given thanks for these last three months, in no particular order or importance:
- I am healthy (as far as I know)
- I am loved
- Mark and our families
- I live in a beautiful home, community, island, province
- I previously lived in a beautiful home, city, province
- I worked for a great company that has allowed me this lifestyle at a relatively young age (not to mention the wonderful travel benefits)
- I had the best sister anyone could ask for. This grief that I continue to feel is ok (other than wishing she had never been sick and was still here). It does make me realize how lucky I was to have had her for a sister. She gave me the best niece, nephews and brother in law anyone could ask for. She is not physically here but she lives on among us and I know she is happy we are close.
- I can see the ocean every day, and I do
- I love that the clerk in Shopper’s Drug Mart says to me ‘whatcha up to today?’
- I now shop at Stedmans and Fields – hadn’t said those words for 40 years, til I moved here!
- I now own a kettle – tea is good on a rainy day
- We are golfing tomorrow. Are you kidding me? Jan. 9th in Canada??
- I do my jigsaw puzzle at night, sometimes til midnight, drinking Chamomile tea
- We have booked a Mediterranean cruise for June
- We appear to have great neighbours. Look forward to getting to know them better
- Everyone has a dog here. No matter where I walk or go, I see a dog. We’ll have another one day too.
- Everyone you meet on walks, in stores, at the water says Hi or at least acknowledges you with a smile or nod.
To be continued……… 🙂